Last month, we revealed what’s coming in our Fall ’17 Release to 500+ clients at Connections, our annual user conference, in Nashville. Now, we are ready and extremely excited to share with you these newest features that will be available to you in November.
You’ve spoken and we’ve listened; in this release, we are delivering some of the most requested user enhancements in the past year! Read on to find out what these features are in each of these categories:
- ACL Analytics 13
- Results module
- ACL GRC Analytics Exchange 13 (the artist formerly known as Analytics Exchange or AX)
- Bonus – new and updated courses in ACL Academy and new additions in ScriptHub
ACL Analytics 13
Import multiple Excel worksheets in a single operation
Does this sound familiar? “I’ve been given an Excel spreadsheet with 12 months of data and each month is in a separate tab. Now I have to import these tabs one by one into ACL Analytics before I can do analysis on the data. It is so time consuming…”
For the first time ever, you can import multiple Excel worksheets in a single operation in ACL Analytics 13! Once imported, each worksheet becomes a separate Analytics table. Not only that, but when you are importing the worksheets, the definition of the source Excel data is also performed automatically, making things faster and easier. Once the data is in Analytics, you can then tweak the field definitions if needed.
Combine and auto-harmonize records from multiple tables
“Okay, I just imported the 12 months of data but now I need to combine them into a single table to so I can analyze the data at the same time. Do I have to extract and append the tables one at a time?”
With the new Append capability, you can now easily combine records from multiple tables in a single step. The best part? ACL can now automatically harmonize fields of different lengths and datetime data that uses different formats. No more headaches harmonizing the data manually!
Other exciting enhancements coming to ACL Analytics 13
Here are a few other features that will appear in ACL Analytics 13:
- New ACL data connectors – Several new data connectors have been added to allow you to seamlessly plug in to more third-party databases and cloud data services. Starting in November, you can connect ACL to Active Directory, MySQL, email, and more!
- New classical variables sampling – You now have the ability to stratify your data prior to sampling.
- Deepened integration with R – You can pass whole ACL tables to R for advanced analysis and return the result table back to Analytics for analysis and reporting. In addition, a new R command has been added to help you simplify your integration of R scripts with your ACL scripts.
First thing first… As an ACL Analytics customer, you have access to Results!
There is a common misconception that only ACL GRC users have access to the Results module. In reality, every licensed ACL Analytics user (yes, this means you) receives a Results Lite Professional license and two Results Lite Contributor licenses free with their subscription. Scroll down to the “Tip of the Month” section to learn more about the Results Lite access that comes with your ACL subscription!
Now onto the product updates…
Enhanced visualization configuration capabilities
We will be releasing some dazzling updates to visualizations in Results. You’ll notice many visualizations have a new look and feel, along with enhanced charting capabilities.
Here are some of the new configuration capabilities:
- flexibility across all charts to support all data types (for example, you can now create a bubble chart using a character field for the x-axis)
- automated chart margins, axes labels, and ticks marks
- axes min and max values on Cartesian charts
- heatmap colors and ranges
- the ability to gap or interpolate between data points in line and area charts
- labels for chart values
- an expanded color palette
- paginated legends
- saveable table column widths
- the ability to copying tables to a clipboard
- multi-language sorting
Expansion of available chart types
We are adding the standard area, 100% stacked bar, and 100% stacked column to complete the family in core chart types.
Storyboard Global Filters
You can now apply a filter across multiple tables within a storyboard, in a simple and flexible way. This provides the ability to compare multiple primary data sources from multiple perspectives in a normalized fashion.
ACL GRC Analytics Exchange 13
Re-branding and version pairing
In this release, we will be rebranding ACL Analytics Exchange as ACL GRC Analytics Exchange to reflect its integrated relationship with the rest of the ACL platform.
In addition to the name change, we will be pairing the ACL Analytics and Analytics Exchange version numbers (13) to simplify the upgrading and maintenance experience. This change provides better visibility of our supported product versions and compatibility capabilities. In layman’s terms, Analytics Exchange is skipping from version 6 to version 13.
- New system variable – A new system variable (AXRunByUser) is now available in scripts. This variable stores the user name of the account that runs the analytic in the format domain\username.
- Disable option to download to CSV – We will add the ability to disable the option to download to CSV from Web Client on demand.
- PostgreSQL upgraded to version 9.3.19
- TomEE server security updates
- CAC access integration
Remember: Academy and ScriptHub are already included in your ACL subscription!
New and updated courses in ACL Academy
For more information, see our ACL Academy Course Catalog.
Brand new additions to ScriptHub
Many of our new scripts have been inspired by posts in Community, which we review frequently for opportunities to develop solutions that can benefit the wider community.
Start your scripting marathon miles ahead of the start line with great new additions including new scripts for parsing matrices, maintaining a log of known exceptions, assigning ID numbers to groups of related exceptions, and more!
Browse our ScriptHub Catalog for more!
Not sure how ScriptHub works? Get started with this 2 minute video.
Tip of the Month
Every licensed ACL Analytics user receives a Results Lite Professional license and two Results Lite Contributor licenses free with their subscription.
What is Results Lite?
It is a free, restricted access to the Results module in ACL GRC and it is included with ACL Analytics subscription. Results provides a secure platform for review and workflow remediation, and is designed to easily share data with broader audiences. The ability to import data from Results to ACL Analytics allows you to perform secondary or follow-up analysis on exceptions. After performing the analysis, you can export data back to Results in a round-trip process.
Why use the Results module?
- Collaborate with others – Invite a team to help investigate, remediate, and track issues identified by data analytics.
- Automate workflows – Create triggers to automate your organization’s processes.
- Integrate questionnaire responses with data analytics – Send questionnaires to gather additional evidence and analyze responses.
- Visualize data – Build visualizations and interpretations to communicate your data insights and present them in a storyboard.
- Provide oversight – Combine preventative controls with detective controls for complete oversight over processes or programs.
Each organization that uses Results Lite is restricted to:
- a maximum combination of ten tables, which can be made up of Data Analytics, Event Reports, or Surveys
- a total maximum of 64,000 records across all tables
Subscription types provided with Results Lite
Typically used by anyone that…
Results Lite Professional
Provides full administrative access to the full set of capabilities in Results
manages information in Results, creates questionnaires, and shares data to Results.
Results Lite Contributor
Provides limited Contributor User role access to the full set of capabilities Results
responds to questionnaires, surveys, and event reports.
For more information about Results Lite access, visit our Help Docs here.